Dental implants help Los Angeles and Beverly Hills residents by replacing teeth that have been lost for many reasons, including age, periodontal disease, injury from sports and automobile accidents, or other traumatic events. For most people, dental implants are more permanent and comfortable than bridges or dentures. In fact, an increasing number of my patients are choosing dental implants, and according to an American Dental Association survey, the number of dental implant surgeries increased almost 50% over a recent 5-year period.
Imagine what more you can do once a dental implant, or artificial tooth root made from high-strength titanium, is situated in your jaw to anchor a replacement tooth or bridge. You'll enjoy an artificial tooth or set of teeth that look and feel just like the real thing, and the people you meet simply won't be able to tell the difference, increasing your assurance in social settings.
Has the gap in your smile left a hole in your self confidence? Are you tired of eating from a limited menu, or having difficulty speaking clearly? See what it's like to smile, speak, and eat with comfort and confidence: schedule an appointment with Dr. Alex A. Farnoosh, or call 310.657.0503 to set up a consultation. To help make your procedure affordable, Dr. Farnoosh offers several convenient financing options through leading healthcare credit companies.
Candidates for a Dental Implant
I recommend dental implants for patients in good physical health who want to replace missing teeth. You should have healthy gums and be free of periodontal disease. A good candidate must have enough bone in the area of the missing teeth to allow me to firmly anchor the implants. If you lack adequate bone structure, in many cases I am able to perform a bone graft that will then support the implant. Implants may be used to replace a single tooth, a bridge, or dentures, and are even an excellent option for patients missing all or most of their natural teeth.
Dental Implant Benefits
My patients enjoy many advantages after their dental implant surgery. Consider:
- Dental implants look, feel, and function much like your own teeth, offering a more attractive and more functional tooth replacement option that can help to boost your overall confidence.
- Implants integrate into the structure of your jaw bone, preventing the bone loss and gum recession that may occur with bridgework and dentures, or when teeth remain missing for an extended period of time.
- Unlike a bridge, implants do not require alteration of neighboring teeth, meaning that the implants allow you to protect more of your natural teeth.
- When compared with dentures, implants do not require pastes, glues, or cleaning solutions and do not click or wobble when you talk, smile, or eat.
- Implants can be used to anchor a bridge or support full or partial dentures, increasing the comfort and usability of these devices.
To learn more about the dental implant procedure, visit our page that discusses surgery and risks.
Your treatment results may vary depending on the complexity of your case.